On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:02 AM, terry-s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Now that 2.11 has been released, are the older linux binaries still
>  available, and if so, where from?

No, older binaries aren't available.

>  Background is that I am trying to install on Mandriva linux (2007).  I
>  just tried a build-from-source using the 2.11 source tar file and it
>  failed after several hours on indefinite-cycling while trying to
>  compile linboxwrap.cpp.

How much RAM does your computer have?  Linbox is a *very* demanding
library to compile from source...

>  I would prefer to install a binary, but there
>  is no 2.11 binary apparently suitable for mandriva linux.

Have you tried any of the Debian/Ubuntu binaries?  They might
work for you anyways since they are built on such minimal machines.

> I think
>  there was a larger range of binaries for the 2.10.4 release just
>  past.  Can I still get one of those to try it?
>  thanks in advance for any help ... terry-s

I'll check also on building Mandriva binaries.  I don't remember why
we aren't building them now.  We should be (I was personally a big
Mandriva user for quite a while).

 -- William