The README file for SAGE's Mac OS X version mentions that easier
environment integration would be in order, were a Mac OS X developer
to help. I don't need it myself – I actually prefer to call SAGE
manually after opening a terminal window – but has anyone looked into
XDroplets [1]?

XDroplets is "[a] set of launchers that better integrate X11 programs
with the Mac OS X environment", along with an application to create
new launchers. I haven't bothered to give it much of a look, but since
the launchers are (according to the project page) AppleScript droplets
[2], I'd bet they will work independently of XDroplets; it should be
easy, then, to create an XDroplet launcher for SAGE and include it in
the Mac OS X distribution.

[1] http://www.rhythmiccanvas.com/software/xdroplets/index.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppleScript#Applets_and_Droplets

--