On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Lars Fischer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  > i triedhttp://localhost:8000but it dosnt work.
>  you should also try https://localhost:8000 with http_S_.
>  In the vmware-scenario the url is usually different from localhost.

Yep.  You have to do the following.

More precisely, right after the vmware image starts up, at the login: prompt
type

   login:  notebook

press return, then follow the directions, which tell you
to go to some URL, e.g., maybe http://192.168.1.5:8000

That's it.

I'm sorry it is so complicated -- it doesn't have to be this way, but so far
nobody has found the time to replace the vmware login: screen by a simple
graphical screen that is easier to use.   I would very very strongly welcome
somebody doing this.

 -- William

--
William Stein