Hi folks,
Let me say from the start that I've really enjoyed stumbling across
sage; it's been a good motivator to learn more python.  One thing I've
been thinking about recently was adapting a evolutionary simulation
project written in c to python.  The crux I've reached is that it
depends on a C library called ViennaRNA.  Wrapping libraries is new to
me, but after stumbling through for a day I got the functions I needed
working in cython, which I then installed to my regular python
distro.

My question is: Is there an easy way to load .pyx files in sage that
require a linked library or install in a similar fashion to regular
python ala distutils?  All I came across in the docs was adding the
module to the giant sage setup.py and then rebuilding with sage -br.
I'm currently doing this and have every expectation for it to work,
but it seems a bit ungainly, since it has to rebuild all of the
modules.

I'm using ubuntu 8.04 if that matters.

Regards,
Thomas Keller