Let me rewrite what I wrote in last post again, since it did not
format well.

I think it does converge.

int( exp(-I 2 Pi f t),{t,0,infinity) =

                                                 infinity
   1/(-I 2 Pi f)  *   [  exp(-I 2 Pi f t) }
                                                 0

Let f be complex in general, say  (a+ I b) then the above becomes

                                                       infinity
1/(-I 2 Pi f)  *   [  exp(-I 2 Pi (a +I b) t) }
                                                       0

 or

infinity
1/(-I 2 Pi f)  *   [  exp(-I 2 Pi a t)  exp (2 Pi b t) }
                                                                   0

Since b<0 (this is the assumption that Im(f)<0 ),  then the above
becomes

1/(-I 2 Pi f)  *   [  0 - 1 }

 or

1/(I 2 Pi f)