It doesn't converge because in your first post you said

assume(f>0)

Its convergence is the same as

integral(  cos(2 * pi * f * t), t , 0 , Infinity)

(think about area under a curve...). By the way, sage gives:

sage: t = var("t")
sage: x = var("x")
sage: assume(x>0)
sage: integral(  cos(2 * pi * x * t), t , 0 , Infinity)
ind

What is "ind"?