On Sep 25, 12:34 pm, phil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I did valgrind a couple of the example sessions you gave for various n
(n=4,5 and 8 IIRC) and the good news is that there are no leaks going
on and Singular does not seem to do anything  naughty.

> One more thing I've noticed is that loading the saved result either
> doesn't work is is extremely inefficient.  On Monday, I started up
> 3.1.2 final and ran "load detMp.sobj".   It's been rough 3 days and
> it's still going.  This means loading takes longer than the original
> computation.

Yeah, pickling for those matrices over the mv polynomial ring probably
uses generic code and hence sucks speed wise. If malb or anyone else
familiar with that are of the code agrees please open a ticket so we
remember to fix this.

> Phil

Cheers,

Michael