William Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, pong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I understand the issue. However, is there a way that I can retrieve
>> the worksheets that I have saved in server 2?
>
> Browse around in
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/was/sagenb/
>
> and grab the relevant worksheet.txt file.

Thanks for providing these!

Would it be easy to start the sage server again, with accounts disabled
(or passwords all changed to nonsense), so that people could access the
published worksheets?  Before the initial server reset, there was a huge
library of rather nice worksheets.  I can see people being depressed
that all of that work is gone in an instant (at least, people that
aren't subscribed here to know where you put the raw notebook files, or
people that are subscribed here that aren't comfortable mucking around
with the internal notebook directory structure).

Just yesterday at a seminar talk, I had someone ask me about the huge
number of published worksheets in the previous Sage notebook.  That's
quite a resource that lots of people invested lots of time into that is
no longer easily available, but could be.

It would take probably 15 minutes to whip up a short python for loop
that iterates through everyone's account and resets their password to
gobbly-gook.  Then just put the server online (disabling creation of
accounts) so that published worksheets are available.  If William is
okay with this, I can download the notebook in the next few days and
reset passwords so that it could be served in this read-only fashion.

Jason