On Oct 18, 12:56 am, "Alex Ghitza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry Martin, I completely missed the second sage: prompt in your original
> email.
>
> It's very likely that the problem is due to sage -upgrade.  I don't know
> enough about these things to give you better advice than "start over with a
> fresh download of Sage", and you've mentioned that this might not be an
> option for a while.  Hopefully someone else on this list will know some
> magic to fix this.

This is likely a gonner. Downgrades don't work too well :(

> Note, however, that sage -upgrade is *not* recommended practice, precisely
> because this sort of problem keeps popping up over and over again.
> The recommended way of getting a new version is downloading the new binaries
> or source.

Right now since the 3.1.4 spkgs have not been pushed out -upgrade
downgrades and likely breaks your build.

If you want to upgrade a build when the online repo is not pushed out
yet download the tar.gz and copy the new spkgs over the old ones in
spkg/standard - then run make again. But I agree with Alex that one
should only use upgrade when one is familiar enough with the Sage
build system to fix bugs :)

> Good luck,
> Alex

Cheers,