On Nov 2, 12:03 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:52 AM, mabshoff

<SNIP>

> > Only two out of the 12 Magma files in the data/extcode/magma directory
> > were loaded. Even when running all optional doctest only four or five
> > Magma files out of 12 are loaded.
>
> Intriguing. So there must be a lot of cruft in data/extcode/magma.
> I'll look into it.

I guess we are then in for a crapectomy:

data/extcode/magma/ell_padic/padic_height.m
data/extcode/magma/ell_padic/gl2.m
data/extcode/magma/ell_padic/examples.m
data/extcode/magma/ell_padic/kedlaya.m
data/extcode/magma/ell_padic/shark.m
data/extcode/magma/ell_padic/myl.m
data/extcode/magma/padic_height/padic_height.m
data/extcode/magma/padic_height/kedlaya.m
data/extcode/magma/stoll/3descent.m
data/extcode/magma/sage/basic.m
data/extcode/magma/user/foo.m
data/extcode/magma/latex/latex.m

> > I don't care either way. Easiest would probably be to add an entry in
> > the FAQ for now and if people hit this problem regularly maybe we
> > should attempt to solve this problem again.
>
> That's an excellent suggestion.  If it comes up more, we'll make the
> change you suggested.

+1

> William

Since we are talking about Magma and Sage: I am still waiting on the
mistakenly not attached patch for #4395 - it fixes two file when
optional doctests are run :)

Cheers,

Michael