On Dec 1, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Simon King wrote:

> since a couple of hours I am fighting with a segmentation fault in a
> Cython module. Can you help me?
>
> I can boil it down to the following files:

[snip]
> I made a Crash.so, precisely:
>> sage -cython Crash.pyx
>> gcc -c -fPIC -I/home/king/SAGE/devel/sage-3.1.4/local/include/
>> python2.5/ Crash.c -o Crash.o
>> gcc -shared Crash.o Ccrash.o -o Crash.so
>
> I tried it with sage -gdb, but I need help for understanding its
> output:
>
> sage: from Crash import test
> Error while mapping shared library sections:
> ./Crash.so: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.

This is probably a stupid question, but did where you create
Ccrash.o?  The "cython" step creates Ccrash.c, and you don't show
where you compile it.

Depending on your system, it may be that binding is really late, so
you don't get an error message where you might expect it.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income