Jason Grout wrote:
> ma...@mendelu.cz wrote:

>>> How much RAM does the virtual server have?
>>>
>> 500 MB
>>

>>  free
>>                         total       used       free     shared
>> buffers     cached
>> Mem:        504828     396664     108164          0     134916
>> 113796
>> -/+ buffers/cache:     147952     356876
>> Swap:       273064          0     273064
>

> I noticed that for my Sage server, each open worksheet took about 140MB
> of RAM.  When I ran out of memory, the server froze and lots of errors
> happened.  To me, it sounds like you probably ran out of memory if you
> had 15 worksheets open simultaneously (which I would calculate would
> need about 15*140=2100 MB of RAM).

I should retract this statement.  I just measured it again and found
that it took about 40MB per worksheet process.  To measure this, I
started the sage server, created a new worksheet, and ran "1+1".  I then
looked at the free memory reported at the top of top.  Then I created
another new worksheet and ran "1+1", and checked the free memory again.
  The free memory went down by about 45MB. Michael Abshoff says that
that numbers sounds about right.  I don't know if I measured
inaccurately before or if I just misremembered the number.  At any rate,
with that number, it seems that 15 simultaneous worksheets would use a
minimum of 15*45=675MB, which is still more than you allocated.  And as
others point out, this is before the OS, the sage server, etc.

Jason