thanks for your advice. I'll try to write a new class, but i won't try
to merge it into SAGE ! i'll just try to use reasonable names for the
methods, so that my examples remain compatible with whatever
improvement gets written for SAGE one day... for the "database" i'll
use a dict indexed by the "group ID" as GAP understands it.

will keep you posted, but don't hold your breath, i'm afraid i have a
lot to do these days !

pierre