Hi Marco,

On Feb 25, 1:52 pm, Marco Streng <marco.str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I use the print command, then such information will accumulate and
> make it impossible to scroll back to the rest of my terminal session,
> or if I use a notebook, it makes the notebook very untidy and long.

Sorry that I am not directly answering to your question. But here is
an idea: Did you think of printing into a log-file? This is what I
often do, because I see the progress of my computations, and still
have a complete log that might be useful for debugging.

By "printing into a log-file", I essentially mean that you replace the
print commands in your program appropriately.
Or do your computations rely on pexpect interfaces (singular, gap,
maxima,... sub-processes)? In that case, you can even obtain a
complete log file of the communication between Sage and the sub-
processes. Do
 export SAGE_PEXPECT_LOG=yes
before calling sage, and then there will be log files in HOME/.sage/
pexpect_logs/

Best regards,
      Simon