Hum... I talked to my colleague again today and convinced him to give
SAGE a try and to produce the animation using ffmpeg.

Now the question is: in sage is it possible to save the sequences of
images as a batch process (verses saving them one-by-one by hand)?

Also he wonders if it possible to save the "3d data" of the graph in
some format without using Jmol.

Thanks in advance