On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 at 01:58AM -0700, John Cremona wrote:
> I think I do understand what Armand is asking.  Let's see:
>
> Say I have been using Magma for half an hour.  I typed lots of stuff,
> including typos etc, and a whole lot of output has scrolled past.  Now
> I want to keep all the commands that I typed, put them in a file,
> sanitize them, ans use them later as a kind of script.  I can do that
> in Magma like this:

[...]
> Now I think that Armand wants an equivalent to %S.  Presumably the
> commands typed in will all be in a history file somewhere.

On the command line, there's log_text, log_html, and log_dvi. They
record (mostly) what you type into the session.

I recall fixing some nasty bugs in those functions, so if they've become
broken again I should take another look at them.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake <dr...@kaist.edu>
-----  KAIST Department of Mathematical Sciences