On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:00 AM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Two questions about what is internally going on with the following
> notebook error messages:

Are you still running with only 1GB or RAM?

> 1) What does it mean if I click on e.g. Sign Out and get a message (in
> FF) with the web address and "undefined"?  Is that a FF message that
> it can't find the web address of the Sage server in question, or Sage
> actually returning an error?

I don't know.  A screenshot would be helpful.

> 2) Precisely when does the red "Searching for Sage Server" message
> occur?

When the Sage server isn't responding.

> Background: we are having a lot of trouble with onsite server.
> Everybody can log in and view their list of worksheets, but uploading
> a new worksheet or trying to get an old one to actually evaluate is
> becoming either very, very slow or completely impossible.  There do

You probably don't have nearly enough RAM to support running several
Sage processes.   Perhaps your use of ulimit to limit resource
consumption isn't setup very well.  It's hard to give you any
information at all though, given that your email question doesn't
clearly summarize all the details about your current Sage notebook
install.  There are infinitely many ways to configure a Sage notebook
server.

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics