> You probably don't have nearly enough RAM to support running several
> Sage processes.   Perhaps your use of ulimit to limit resource
> consumption isn't setup very well.  It's hard to give you any
> information at all though, given that your email question doesn't
> clearly summarize all the details about your current Sage notebook
> install.  There are infinitely many ways to configure a Sage notebook
> server.

Yes!  However, I am reluctant to up this because the host's primary
usage is for something else that is graciously allowing us to host
Sage on it, and historically the 1 GB was plenty for our low usage.
What is weird is that we haven't changed anything configuration-wise,
and that if anything there is less usage of the server currently, and
yet that it's slowing down massively.  Perhaps there is something
local we haven't spied.  Anyway, looks like the answers are:

2) Sage server ain't there for all intents and purposes

hence

1) Probably FF notes the server ain't there and gives enigmatic
message

Thanks!

- kcrisman