On Apr 21, 8:34 pm, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 12:42 pm, "ma...@mendelu.cz" <ma...@mendelu.cz> wrote:
>
> > Hell, I think that my question is related
> > tohttp://groups.google.cz/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/7cb33...
>
> > How can I write a function which takes determinant of matrix A below
> > and perfoms Laplace expansion along the last row, and shows the output
> > without evaluating 2x2 subdeterminants
>
> > A=matrix([[1,2,3],[3,2,0],[1,0,1]])
>
> > Is this possible in Sage? (I think than in maxima it is sufficient to
> > put ' before each determinant call)
>
> Dear Robert,

Dear kcrisman,

thank you for your answer, It seems that the command

maxima("1*'determinant(matrix([2,3],[2,0])) + 1*'determinant(matrix
([1,2],[3,2]))")    is perfoming what I mean.

However, this
A=maxima("1*'determinant(matrix([2,3],[2,0])) + 1*'determinant(matrix
A.sage()

fails with message
TypeError: unable to make sense of Maxima expression
'determinant(matrix([2,3],[2,0]))+determinant(matrix([1,2],[3,2]))' in
Sage

Robert