I still don't understand why the solution you propose in the wiki is
necessary.... Unless sage is passing (to the ppf function) something
other than standard python's ints and floats. Is this the case?

I just tested the same code snippet in a %python cell (in a notebook)
and it works as expected ( without the int()s and float()s).

However, when I try to run it the same code in a module that is
imported (in a %python cell) I get the error. I didn't expect that.

I think that any code that runs in straight python should run on
%python blocks, even imported code.

I tried to run the same module via load instead of import, but load
was trying to load from the ~/.sage directory instead of the directory
where I started sage, (is this a bug?). Also load also gave me a
syntax error when gave it a path : "load somedir/test.py". Shouldn't
load take full paths instead of only filenames?

Flávio