I'm struggling to get sage running on a lan-connected notebook and so
have been pointing Firefox at a whole variety of IP addresses, port
numbers and http/https combinations to see if I can find anything that
will respond. Occasionally attempts to reach IP addresses associated
with VMNet8 or VMNet1 will ask me to log in. This made me realise that
I don't know whether I will have to log in to a browser page the first
time I use my own copy of Sage and, if so, which credentials I should
use.

I've trioed the "login"/"sage" combination and I've tried the Windows
credentials but neither works.

So will I need to login through Firefox and if so, which credentials
should I use please?

Thanks

Kevin