Hi all,

If I DON'T use notebook and type a simple program like,

sage: t,s=var('t,s')
sage: show(laplace(exp(-3*t),t))

an evince window pops up with the error message

"Unable to open document
File type TeX DVI document (application/x-dvi) is not supported"

prominently displayed.  I guess it is an environment variable issue?
Should the evince program be invoked?  I am running 64-bit openSuSE
11.1, with kernel upgraded to 2.6.28.2.  If I only use

sage: laplace(exp(-3*t),t,s)

then it works fine; I get the response

1/(s + 3)

as I should, but it is in "Matlabesque" form and I would much prefer
the "textbook" type of display.  Of course, I can use notebook, but
for small stuff, it is hardly worth the trouble.

TIA for your responses.