"David D." <antler...@yahoo.com> writes:

> To be honest, this is the first time I've used Axiom.  It was the only
> CAS I could find that can do the calculations I needed.  It seems like
> an extremely powerful and useful system, though the 17,000+ page
> reference manual is a bit intimidating. Plus as a stubborn windows
> user, it annoys me that there's not a tidy way to run it in Windows
> except through Sage. ;)

But that's not true at all.  There are even binaries available (that
need cygwin), but it *should* be very easy to set it up.  If you are
interested, please write to the fricas-devel mailing list, so you get
help quickly.

> On Jul 24, 3:36 am, Martin Rubey <martin.ru...@math.uni-hannover.de>
> wrote:

>> If you are running longer jobs with fricas, you should consider
>> switching to a faster lisp implementation.  For FriCAS, clisp is
>> aboutthe slowest.
>
> Well, the speed it runs at now is servicable for me at this point.
> I'm a bit Linux-illiterate, so I think it would probably take me more
> time to figure out how to upgrade than I'd save.

Although I do not have Windows available, I try to keep INSTALL.CYGWIN
updated.  PLEASE tell me if it doesn't work smoothly.

Martin