On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:26:31 +0530
noufal asharaf <noufalasha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using aceraspire 4710 laptop. Processor is pentium T2080 dual
> core. 1GB  RAM  with 160GB  Hard disk.
> I have tried sage4.1 to install in Mandriva 2008.1 spring version in
> KDE desktop.  I  have downloaded  a  binary version  of  sage  from
> the  sage website,  one  which is suitable  for  Mandriva. but during
> the installation process a warning message is obtained. which says
> ¨This sage install was built on a machine that supports instructions
> that are not available on this computer.  Sage will likely fail with
> illegal instuction errors! the following processor flags were on the
> build machine but are not on this computer.  The missing flag is
> SSSE3. what can i do to overcome this difficulty. please help me.

You should be able to get away with rebuilding the two components of
Sage that are likely to have these "illegal instructions", namely mpir
and atlas.

Try the following:

 - Go to the directory you installed Sage in
 - Type
   ./sage -f mpir-1.2.p4
 - Wait till MPIR is compiled & installed, then type
   ./sage -f atlas-3.8.3.p5

If you haven't already remove the file that keeps the flags for the
binary you downloaded:

 rm local/lib/sage-flags.txt

Sage should now start without problems.

Cheers,