On Sep 3, 3:38 pm, William Cauchois <wcauch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, you can make your original example work by using a lambda
> instead of a symbolic expression:
>
> sage: plot3d(lambda x, y: abs(e^(pi*i*x)+e^(pi*i*y)), (0,1), (0,1))

Oh, yes, I know.  And I try to avoid using lambda notation whenever
possible, because I don't fully understand it even when I do use it,
and my students certainly don't.  Hence this post.

Again, my point was that I inputted a real-valued function to plot3d,
and a complex-valued one to complex_plot, and both died.  But I don't
know how to fix it, unless the code for fast_callable is easier to
work with than I think.  Sorry it seems there is no easy fix for this.

- kcrisman