I installed libfplll from the AUR, and copied it from the system. The
libfplll build stopped while building "generate.Tpo", although gc1plus still
consumed CPU time. I do not know why this was the case. As for the Singular
thing, I have absolutely no idea. I'm on x86_64 Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz with
4GB RAM right now.

Perhaps I'll try reformatting my system sometime to see if it's a problem
with the libraries on my system.

- Tim Joseph Dumol <tim (at) timdumol (dot) com>
http://timdumol.com