William,
Patch 11 of  GAP 4.4 fixes a dozen of critical level bugs, ie bugs
that potentially lead to wrong results! Eg getting wrong character
tables, wrong results in range intersection...
If a platform, like Itanium, was dropped, it is likely for a jolly good reason.

IMHO distributing a clearly buggy version is a very bad idea.

Dmitrii

--
Sent from my mobile device

Dmitrii Pasechnik
-----
DISCLAIMER: Any text following this sentence does not constitute a
part of this message, and was added automatically during transmission.