On Dec 14, 10:01 pm, Timothy Paysen <timothy.pay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The VirtuaBox incarnation doesn't seem to be able to get to a Sage notebook.
>  It will bring you to the Sage web sit--but nothing more.  So--can't even
> say whether it works well or not--it just doesn't seem to work.

If you are running VirtualBox version 3.1.0, which appliance are you
importing? A newer one was exported fairly recently to correct a
problem that occurred during importing. The MD5 checksum of the zip
you downloaded should be b13de836ea5541ba34bca03310a5d265. The name of
the new zip file I downloaded was sage-virtualbox-4.2.1.p1.zip, and
the older one that didn't work for me lacked the p1 towards the end.
To determine the checksum of my downloaded zip I had to download a
freeware app. I winded up with the one at http://www.irnis.net/soft/xcsc/,
if that helps.

--charlie