> > For the record, I believe that strengthening the assume
> > system would be the shortest path towards solving the
> > problem which started this thread.

I agree this would probably be easier; unfortunately, it's not clear
that the set of people with time, interest, and expertise in doing
either that *or* writing native Sage solve or integration is
nonempty.  Is there some set of threads which might give a sense of
what a framework for doing so would be?  There is also the issue that
(at least currently) in Maxima the assumptions are explicitly not
always supposed to be used (such as in solve, correct?), while most
Sage users implicitly seem to desire that once they've assumed x>0, x
better be greater than zero (even if that is inconsistent with
something else the user types in later!).  I don't know if that design
difference can be easily bridged or not, though we are trying to do so
in a number of cases.

- kcrisman