On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Alex Ghitza <aghi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 06:30:15 -0800 (PST), Eugene Goldberg
> <omegat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the advice, I had some problems building previous version
>> of sage, and like that one - it solved by building sage from source. I
>> guess building from source is the best way to avoid many problems.
>>

> Glad to hear it worked.
>
> I finished creating binaries for 32-bit and 64-bit Archlinux, and they
> are now at
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/ghitza/sage-4.3-linux-archlinux-i686-Linux.tar.lzma
>
> and
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/ghitza/sage-4.3-linux-archlinux-x86_64-Linux.tar.lzma
>

> Harald, can you put these on the Linux binaries page?  I will try to
> keep producing these for the next releases.

1. I already produce 64-bit binaries (which should be posted).

2. Did you set

 export  SAGE_FAT_BINARY="yes"

before building the binary?  I'm doing that now, which might (?) make
these binaries work on a wider range of machines.  Notice how few
"Illegal instruction" sage-support mails we've got in the last few
weeks (none!), whereas we used to get them a lot.

William