From: Gokhan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com>
To: sage-support <sage-support@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Mar 7, 2010 12:23 am
Subject: [sage-support] Simple multiprocessing example in Sage-Notebook

Hello,

I am executing this example in Sage Notebook v4.3.3

from timeit import default_timer as clock
from multiprocessing import Pool

def f(x):
   return x**3 + x**2 + x

if __name__ == '__main__':
   t1 = clock()
   pool = Pool(processes=2)            # start 2 worker processes
   pool.map(f, range(1000000));
   t2 = clock()
   print "Elapsed time using two processes:", t2-t1

When I run the code in shell using "python file.py" I don't get any
results from function mapping printed out however in Sage-Notebook I
see a huge output with WARNING: Output truncated!

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Thanks.