On Mar 7, 3:14 pm, calcp...@aol.com wrote:
> pool sounds interesting!
>
> ipython is separate from parallel python?
>
> What about the @parallel decorator, is that parallel python?
>
> Its confusing in SAGE sometimes what needs importing and what doesn't.
>
> TIA,
> A. Jorge Garciahttp://calcpage.tripod.com
>
> Teacher & Professor
> Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
> Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College

Parallel Python is a separate module. IPython is the interactive
Python interpreter that comes with Sage. However to use the IPython
parallel features you need to install some additional packages. I am
not sure if you could get it work from within Sage. More recommended
way is to have an external installation.

I don't know about @parallel yet. Please do tell me and give an
example of its usage. I look at the Parallel Python examples and they
are all lengthy. multiprocessing provides much simpler solution at a
first sight.