Hi!

On 10 Apr., 15:06, Stochastix <laurent.decreusef...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be in the optional GAP packages available for SAGE.
> Can I install it directly in SAGE or should I have a stand-alone
> installation of GAP ?

Sage *has* a stand-alone installation of GAP. If you run "sage -gap"
then this installation will be used.

I would try to start a sage shell (i.e., do "sage -sh" on the command
line).

Inside this shell, "gap" is the same as "sage -gap". So, it should be
possible to install any gap package in exactly the same way as in a
Sage-independent installation of GAP. The packages are in SAGE_ROOT/
local/lib/gap-4.4.12/pkg.

Note that it might then be necessary to update GAP's workspace, in
order to make the new package effective: Start Sage, and then do
  sage: gap_reset_workspace()

Best regards,
Simon