On Apr 10, 9:06 am, Stochastix <laurent.decreusef...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded and installed sage 4.3.5 on my MacBook Pro. Everything
> went like a charm. I'm interested in using the simplicial homology GAP
> packages available at
>
> http://www.cis.udel.edu/~dumas/Homology/
>
> It doesn't seem to be in the optional GAP packages available for SAGE.
> Can I install it directly in SAGE or should I have a stand-alone
> installation of GAP ?

I just installed it in my Cygwin's Sage as follows - downloaded the
binary package for cygwin from the link you gave, put it in sage's
local/lib/gap-4.4.12 folder, extracted it:

$ cd sage-4.3.4*/local/lib/gap*
$ tar xvzf homology*

then in Sage's notebook (in Firefox),

gap.RequirePackage('"homology"')
                true

complex=gap("[[1,2],[2,3],[3,4],[4,5],[1,5]]")

complex.SimplicialHomology()

gap("SimplicialHomology(SCNot2ConnectedGraphs(7),9)")
        [ [ 120 ] ]

Seems to be working OK.

Alec Mihailovs