Simon King schrieb:
Hi Bernhard,

On Apr 18, 4:29 pm, bb <bblo...@arcor.de> wrote:
May be the original translator had not so much fun with this boring list.

I agree it is boring, and I hope my patch is putting it right.

But let me add that many (naturally not all!) of the changes are a
matter of personal taste. ...
.... And at least language is something with high plasticity.

In the case of "Polynomial-" versus "Polynomring", one might indeed
argue with "taste" (although I believe that the former is not more
than a common nasty Anglicism). But in the case of Exponent versus
Exponential or Potenz versus Potential, there is no arguing because
these are all different notions.

And
at least I did not claim to deliver a professional translation. Good
professional translations are really expensive!

That's true, and certainly your contribution deserves to be
appreciated. But keep in mind that professional proof reading is not
cheap either, and that we *both* spend time on it.

BTW:

First: I could not find the words exponent or exponential you mentioned
above in my original german text?

This is since the original text decorates the wrong notion with an
additional typo, namely "Expotential".

Second: I find "potenz" just in the line
sympow: Symmetrische L-Potenzfunktionen und modulare Ordnung
where it is used correctly!

This is because the other "Potenz" is missing: It should be
"Potenzmenge", not "Potentialmenge".

BTW, "power set" is basic set theory, not algebra, and also known to
online dictionaries such as http://dict.leo.org/ (but please don't
pick the translation "Stromaggregat"...).

Cheers,
Simon

Thank you - I see, you are the better one to translate sage docus! You might have a look at http://www.sagemath.org/./links-components.html .

I hope you understand, that I as a physicist I prefer "Potentialvektoren" over "Potenzvektoren"! I think quantum theory does not follow the math theorems of integers?

Have a nice day! Cheers BB