On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Mike Hansen <mhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Vinod <vinodprab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The simple matlab code I wrote is functional and the sage server
>> evaluates it properly and generates the .png file in the directory.
>> Only issue that need to be addressed is to get the sage server display
>> the plots in the web browser itself. We are planning to provide this
>> to a set of students who take summer classes and
>> it would be really great if we can get this working.
>>
>> rightnow, this creates the nicefig2.png file in the directory  home/
>> sageserver/matlab/user/
>>
>> Is it something to do with the directory it writes?
>
> Yes.  In order for this to work, someone needs to implement the chdir
> method for the Matlab interface.  See the example in
> sage/interfaces/mathematica.py

In the meantime, try this:

import os
filename = os.path.join(os.path.abspath('.'),'matlabfig1.png')
matlab.eval("h = figure('Visible', 'off')")
matlab.eval("plot(1:.1:10, sin(1:.1:10))")
out = matlab.eval("saveas(h,'%s')"%filename)

See screenshot for proof this works...

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics