Hi,

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:02:03 -0700 (PDT), Rolandb <rola...@planet.nl> wrote:
> But there is a difference with (for instance) Sage 4.1.
> With Sage 4.1 I could change the memory allocation via the option VM
> Settings.
>
> With Sage 4.5.2. the allocation is only 512Mb, and can't be changed.
> Any solution at hand? Thanks in advance!

Here is a little experiment I ran: I just tried to change the RAM
allocation for the latest vmware image, and could not.  At the top of
the corresponding settings window, vmware tells me: "Disabled items
cannot be changed until the virtual machine is powered off.  To make
these changes, first resume the virtual machine and then shut it down."

In other words, one cannot change the RAM allocation for a virtual
machine that is currently running or suspended, but only for machines
that are powered off.  I powered mine off and was able to change the
settings.

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- http://aghitza.org/
Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne -- Australia