In the command line you can give a command with administrative powers
by writing sudo before it, for examle

sudo mkdir /myfolder

will create a folder in the system root (something which requires
admin powers). You must be carefull when using sudo, since you could
damage your system if you give a bad command. As a principle, don't
use it unless you know what the command will do.

Oscar