Hi Oscar,

In Sage 4.6 (currently 4.6alpha2) you will be able to do this using
differential forms:

sage: x, y, z = var('x, y, z')
sage: U = CoordinatePatch((x, y, z))
sage: F = DifferentialForms(U)

sage: f = F(x^2 + y + sin(z)); f
(x^2 + y + sin(z))
sage: g = f.diff(); g
cos(z)*dz + 2*x*dx + dy

sage: g.parent()
Algebra of differential forms in the variables x, y, z

It's only a small step from having d f to obtaining D f.

All the best,
J.