On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 at 10:42PM -0700, vasu wrote:
> ps: I stopped short of posting this question on Sage-combinat as I
> thought that is a heavily-research oriented  forum, and this question
> wouldn't fit.

Mike answered your math question, so let me address this: posting your
question in sage-combinat-devel would be perfectly fine. That list is
pretty research-oriented, but anyone who wants to calculate Schur
functions is very welcome there. Feel free to ask any other
combinatorics questions here or in sage-combinat-devel.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake