On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 at 07:10AM -0800, kcrisman wrote:
> > What I did is create a symbolic link from
> > ~/Library/texmf/tex/generic/sagetex to
> > ~/sage/local/share/texmf/tex/generic/sagetex.  Then I always have ~/sage
> > point to my current version of sage.  That way whenever I upgrade, the
> > sagetex.sty file in my personal texmf tree is automatically upgraded,
> > since it was just a symbolic link to my sage install.
> >

> Unfortunately, I use MacTeX/TeXLive, and so this doesn't quite work.
> I made a symbolic link
>
> ln -s /Applications/MathApps/sage/local/share/texmf/tex/generic/
> sagetex generic/sagetex
>
> but my tex still uses the sagetex in /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-
> dist/tex/latex/sagetex/sagetex.sty

Strange. I used a symlink and everything works. I'm using MacTeX 2009
and /Users/dan/Library/texmf/tex/generic/sagetex points to the
corresponding directory in my Sage installation. `kpsewhich sagetex.sty'
works for me. I hope this isn't related to some arcane TeXLive
configuration setting; I don't really know anything about those. I rely
on things to Just Work when it comes to that. :)

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake