On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> On 24 December 2011 18:27, Sony <skosw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In section 4.2 of the SageLaTeX manual (page 11) explains how to
>> create a LaTeX document with a Mathematica plot using SageLaTeX.  I
>> tried the following code but no output is produced.  I get an error
>> message "Example3 not found."
>
> I don't think the interface to Mathematica is particularly well
> designed. I've had several problems with it in the past, and gave up
> using it.

What problems?  Are there any corresponding open trac tickets or bug
reports about your problems?

> I think part of the issue is the WRI keep changing Mathematica, so
> what works on one version on one operating system might not work on
> another.

I'm not aware of a single aspect of the Sage <--> Mathematica
interface that is version or operating system dependent.    I'm not
saying there aren't any, just that I'm not aware of any.

>  I personally think if we were to provide an interface to
> Mathematica, it should be using Wolfram Reserach's Mathlink protocol.
>
> http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/mathlink/

A quick google search found a Python interface to Mathematica via
mathlink here, which you can probably easily install into any copy of
Sage:

   http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/585/

William