On Jan 25, 1:58 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Jason Grout
>

> <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> > On 1/25/12 10:56 AM, john_perry_usm wrote:
>
> >> Hi
>
> >> In the notebook, what is the difference between "Discard&  quit" and
> >> "Save&  quit"?
>
> > IIRC, if you have been editing a cell, but have not yet evaluated it, or if
> > you have edited a text cell but not yet saved it, then Discard will throw
> > away those changes, and Save will save them.  Note that if you evaluate a
> > cell, it is automatically saved first.

Believe it or not, this is really true.  At least, if you edit a text
cell and save that, but do not save the worksheet, then "discard and
quit" it really doesn't save that change.

That said, our save behavior could be clearer.  Is
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/5459 still valid?

Also, it is "wrong" in some sense.

http://code.google.com/p/sagenb/issues/detail?id=58
http://code.google.com/p/sagenb/issues/detail?id=59

I have no idea if any of those issues migrated with to github.  I hope
they did...