On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:13:34 AM UTC-4, Volker Braun wrote:

> I've been working on updating the wiki instructions, and broken out the
> installation instructions into a separate wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageApplianceInstallation
>
> Maybe we can link this more prominently to the windows download page?
>
> Volker

I had a longer reply typed out, but lost it and then cleared my clipboard
:(  Anyway, the answer is YES.  Basically, in all three major download
pages, we have just the name of the OS and then a list of mirrors.  In all
three cases moving the "Usage" and/or "System Requirements" section up to
the top would be a vast improvement.   In the Mac case, perhaps adding
"You'll need to know the following about your computer (see Apple Menu ->
About this Mac)..." or something like that would be helpful too.
 Presumably similar in Linux, though perhaps (?) those users would be
expected to know more along those lines.

- kcrisman