On Monday, August 20, 2012 4:21:57 PM UTC-7, bsmile wrote:

> With you kind help from the community, I am able to finish the first stage
> work with SAGE. I am really appreciated to that! Now I am wondering how I
> could possibly output and control the format of the irreducible matrices to
> file so that fortran can directly read in for subsequent calculation.

Look at a Python tutorial and/or reference for how to write to files and
how to format strings.

> BTW, I would like to ask a basic question. SymmetricGroupRepresentation
> has three options, "specht", "orthogonal", "seminormal". Could you please
> explain briefly their differences, and when which one should normally be
> used. It seems "orthogonal" gives something matching the physically
> meaningful Td group result, which seems more meaningful to me?!

All I know is what's in the documentation
("SymmetricGroupRepresentation?"). If that doesn't help, see the cited
paper. If that still doesn't help, you might ask in sage-combinat-devel, or
at least ask here with a more informative subject line. Maybe that will
catch the eye of someone who knows more about the relevant issues.

--
John