Is there a way to force VirtualBox to allow cutting and pasting between
Windows and the console in the standard Sage installation?

Here's the process I'm going through.

First, I updated my version of VirtualBox, and updated the version of Sage
it's running to 5.1.

I noticed that in this version, Sage opens in a Notebook view, and I am
able to cut and paste from a notebook to my progress notes.

Then, I used the instructions at

http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageAppliance#Using_the_Sage_shell

to switch from a notebook view to the console view, and logged in as "sage"
with password "sage".

The VirtualBox manual at

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html

says that I need the "Guest Additions" package to copy and paste between
VirtualBox and windows in Windows.  It further tells me that I ought to be
able to install the "Guest Additions" by going to the Devices menu in the
window of VirtualBox that's running Sage, and choosing "Install Guest
Additions".  However, when I do this, I get an error message that begins
"Unable to mount the CD/DVD image".

My goal here is to try out a couple of patches.  But I'm not sure I trust
myself to type the URLs by hand without error.

UAW