On 9/27/2012 6:54 PM, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

Is there a "test" patch for Sage which doesn't do anything
substantive?  I have been writing notes about how to patch a
Windows installation of Sage, and it would be nice to have an
example.

there should not be anything specific about patching Sage
installation running in VirtualBox. It's just a Sage Linux
installation, in this sense.

Right, that's why step 1 of my notes is "You will need to figure out how to interact with the version of Linux running on VirtualBox." I would classify "ssh into your own computer using a specific port and generic name/password" as "not obvious", personally.

And as far as I know, there isn't a tutorial on patching Sage for Linux floating around, either. The information tends to be buried in larger discussions of how to start developing for Sage.

UAW