On 9/25/12 11:03 AM, ma...@mendelu.cz wrote:

Dne úterý, 25. září 2012 11:47:47 UTC+2 Jason Grout napsal(a):

    Right---I usually run make as:

    sage -sh -c "make -B"

    if sage isn't already in my path.

    I've updated the instructions.  I also updated the sagecell-2.0.spkg.

    Thanks,

    Jason

Thank you for the support! From another question I see that sagecell is
considered to be useful tool in education.

I tried to install again from scratch with new sagecell-2.0.spkg like
this on Sage 5.3:

1)  sudo apt-get install uuid-dev git build-essential zlib1g-dev zlib1g
git mercurial

2)   trac 12719

3)   ./sage -sh -c "easy_install
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/zipball/master";

4)   trac 13121

5)   ./sage -sh -c "sage -i
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/jason/sagecell-2.0.spkg";

6) in devel/sagecel:   ../../sage -sh -c "make -B"

7) in sage root:    ./sage -sh -c "easy_install tornado paramiko
sockjs-tornado"

8) sage is in the path (via symlink   ln -s /opt/sage....../sage
/usr/bin/sage)

9) in devel/sage:   ../../sage web_server.py

"ssh localhost " works.

Still I have KeyError: 'metadata'

Can you please test the installation procedure from scratch on some
fresh installation? For example in a virtual machine? I wonder if
something is broken or if I am doing something wrong.

I just realized that for some reason, the script that makes the spkg has reverted to an older version. I'm not sure how it happened, but I just uploaded an updated spkg.

I also just tried the instructions in a clean install on sage.math, and I'm seeing your error exactly. I'm debugging it right now.

Thanks,

jason