On 9/25/12 12:05 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

I just realized that for some reason, the script that makes the spkg has
reverted to an older version.  I'm not sure how it happened, but I just
uploaded an updated spkg.

I also just tried the instructions in a clean install on sage.math, and
I'm seeing your error exactly.  I'm debugging it right now.

Okay, I made the sagecell installation and scripts smarter. The problem was that it was getting confused about which IPython to use.

Can you reinstall the new updated spkg:

sage -f http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/jason/sagecell-spkg/sagecell-2012-09-25.spkg

and then try again?

cd devel/sagecell