On 11/23/2012 09:01 PM, Jori Mantysalo wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, P Purkayastha wrote:

(On which list should we continue?)

Start from sage-5.4 or higher version and look at
https://github.com/sagemath/sagenb/blob/master/INSTALL.rst. Follow the
directions in that file from point 3 onwards. After you have sagenb
set up, get the branch of rmartinjak.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-notebook/Hh5owT8TCos/6f7BnN4ZKcgJ
Just use rmartinjak instead of jhpalmieri, and use the branch
rmartinjak/ldap instead of jhpalmieri/mathmode.

OK, now I got $SAGE_ROOT/devel/sagenb as symbolic link to sagenb-github.
But $SAGE_ROOT/sagenb/notebook/user_manager.py contains only one line
referring to ldap:

there are UserManager backends (such as LDAP) where we could have many
valid usernames, but

Still something wrong with this setup?

Yes, something is wrong. You are not on the ldap branch yet. Look at the patch to user_manager.py here:
https://github.com/sagemath/sagenb/pull/73/files

It has a lot more changes. What is the output of

$ cd $SAGE_ROOT/devel/sagenb
$ git branch -a